Friday, February 22, 2013

You've got mail!

I grew up on a farm, we had a mailbox and that is where our mail was delivered to.  It was all the way at the end of the looong laneway.  Now that I am all grown up and live in town, we have a driveway, not a laneway and no mailbox.  I miss mailboxes, I am not a fan of the big ugly metal mail thing down the street that we have to go to get our mail from along with the whole street.  I like the old style mailboxes, I miss them. Needless to say I was thrilled to see these 2 ideas using mailboxes in the garden.  Really creative and handy!

The Mailbox Tool Shed
A weatherproof solution to keep your garden tools nearby. I really like this idea, it keeps everything small in one place, and out of the elements (most importantly rain). I like to keep my gardening stuff away from the garage, if its in the garage, its a free for all and something is always missing, and we don't have a garden shed.  This is a simple, easy and cheap way to keep your smaller garden tools close and in one spot.  

Picture- Hometalk.com




















The Mailbox Caddy
  Another great weatherproof storage idea.  This one keeps the tools even closer!  You can attach a mailbox like this to a raised garden or fence and have everything you need right there!  I like this idea because its out of the way and pretty well hidden.. there will be no garden tool thieves taking your stuff!  However, I do like the thought of dressing up the mailbox above with some morning glory vines.  Okay, both are very appealing ideas!













Anymore mailbox ideas for the garden?  Let us know!




2 comments: