Sunday, July 28, 2013

I never use my Chiminea



Back in the day, we bought a Chiminea....it was all the rage at the time, everyone had one!  Contained campfire in your back yard!  Fast forward a few (or 5 or more) years and we have used it all of twice. I wanted to up cycle it and do something with it because it does look nice in the back yard.  We came up with the idea of making it a shade planter.




 We took out the large pieces of old wood in the bottom of the pan and left some of the ashes (they are good for the soil).  We added some good quality soil and planted some partial shade plants and voila! This spring we just used some wave petunias and a few other common plants to see how it would work but I think next year we will add some ivy and different types of plants.  You could even use fire colours yellow, reds and oranges with the plants and then put a small solar LED in the bottom and make it look "firey" at night. Crap- I wish I had of thought of that before I planted mine.... Next year!





No comments:

Post a Comment